Say goodbye to Creator Studio! Meta has announced that it’s discontinuing its Facebook-centric page management platform, and is encouraging users to start migrating to its Business Suite platform for a more comprehensive page management experience. The Business Suite includes features like scheduling, messaging capabilities, top-performing post examples from similar pages, A/B testing tools, tags, and direct integration with Facebook and Instagram ad tools. Plus, the Business Suite app is available on both desktop and mobile, making it even more accessible and convenient. To help users make the transition smoother, Meta is prompting users to migrate to the Business Suite now before it bows out. It can be hard to make the change when you’ve got used to one particular way of working so what are the advantages of the business suite platform versus Creator Studio.
Business Suite platform offers several advantages over Creator Studio
- Better analytics: Business Suite also offers better analytics and insights, helping you understand how your pages are performing and where you can make improvements.
Direct integration with Facebook and Instagram ad tools: Business Suite allows direct integration of Facebook and Instagram ad tools, which means you can manage all your Facebook and Instagram ads in one place, making it more convenient and efficient.
- Accessibility: Business Suite app is available on desktop and mobile, providing more ways to access the platform.
- A/B Testing: Business Suite allows you to conduct A/B testing on your posts, which can help you optimise your content and reach your audience more effectively.
- Direct messaging: Business Suite offers a direct messaging feature which is not present in Creator Studio, this feature allows you to communicate with your followers directly through the platform, which can be useful for customer service and engagement.
So why do so many social media managers and digital agencies use a third party platform such as Buffer, Sked Social HubSpot, Later or Planoly when Business Suite is readily available?
Why should you turn to a third-party app for social media scheduling?
There are several reasons you may prefer to use a third-party scheduling platform over using the Business Suite platform offered by Meta.
- Greater flexibility: Third-party scheduling platforms often offer more flexibility in terms of scheduling options and features, such as the ability to schedule content across multiple social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more. For example; SkedSocial allows you to schedule reels and stories, as well as Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Advanced analytics: Offers more advanced analytics and reporting options, providing more detailed insights into the performance of your social media content.
- Improved team collaboration: The team collaboration features make it easier for multiple team members to manage social media content and scheduling. Some platforms also allow you to send content to external parties for reviews
- More customisation: This may include the ability to create custom scheduling templates and workflows, which can help streamline your social media management process.
- Integration with other tools: Often integrates with other tools such as CRM, email marketing, e-commerce and more, which can make it easier to manage all aspects of your online presence.
It’s worth noting that third-party scheduling platforms incur an additional cost, and it’s always a good idea to consider talking to other people who already use these platforms to see what they’re like before you commit. Some apps offer the opportunity for you to have a trial before signing up.
Is there another alternative to scheduling software?
Another alternative to using a scheduling platform, be it Meta-based or one of the more well known platforms is to hire an agency to do your posting for you. In addition to posting content on your behalf and your monthly fee covers the cost of the software. Not only will this free up your time to concentrate on running your daily business operations, but you will also be able to get fresh ideas from a team who knows what it takes to level up your business.
If you’re keen to learn more about the different scheduling platforms so you can find an option to suit your business and therefore free up your time, talk to the team at Boost.