By Boost Social’s Managing Director
Australian brands have, over the past few years, been clamoring to sign up social media influencers as a way of achieving growth. That is hardly surprising. The world over, influencers have become one of the most important tools in the marketer’s repertoire. Influencer marketing is a good way for businesses to generate leads using the power of celebrity. Before looking at the reasons why influencer marketing has taken off in Australia, here are a few hard stats about the nature of the world in which we live today;
- Australia currently has a population of over 25 million.
- 15 million of these use Facebook. This represents about 60% of all Australians.
- There are an estimated over 9 million monthly active Instagram users in Australia.
- Snapchat, meanwhile, has a monthly active user base of over 6.4 million Australians.
- About half of all Australians log into Facebook on a daily basis.
- You can generate an average of $6.50 for every $1 that you spend on influencer marketing. Brands can use influencer marketing either as an alternative or a compliment to traditional paid ads.
- 71% of consumers will make a purchasing based on an endorsement that they read on social media.
- Most influencers believe Facebook is the best platform when it comes to influencer marketing. The second best platform is reportedly Instagram.
- Women are the group that refers to social media the most for help in making purchasing decisions. 86% will turn to social media before buying something.
Influencer Marketing in Australia
With these kinds of statistics, it is really not surprising that Australian brands have become big on Influencer Marketing. If you need motivation about going this route with your business, then here are a few more interesting facts;
- About 90% of consumers will first look up a product or service online before making a purchase. Social media feeds into this matrix; people now turn to social media for help in making various decisions.
- The reason why social media is so powerful has to do with the fact that human beings put so much stock in what notable figures in their societies say and do. Influencers have thus come into their element, dishing out information on various areas; including health and fitness, travel and other subjects.
- Brands have now realized that people have become, more or less, insulated against traditional paid ads. Influencer marketing, on the other hand, still has a huge potential for growth. People will continue looking to their favorite personalities for purchasing decisions well into the conceivable future.
How to get started with influencer marketing in Australia
Have you decided to add influencer marketing to the compliment of tools that you have been using to grow your business? The bad news, particularly if you are a startup, is that you are going to have to fork out eye popping amounts to get the most influential influencers. Tammy Hembrow, as an example, charges about $85 000 per Instagram post. That would hardly be viable for small businesses! Getting started is, therefore, a matter of setting your priorities right. You may need to get going with influencers whose followings run into the thousands rather than the millions. So, how do you reach out to Australia’s biggest influencers?
Reach out personally
This is the first method that you can use to sign up an influencer who you feel will be appropriate for your business. Reaching out personally presumably lowers the cost. However, getting in touch can be rather difficult.
Hire influencers through an influencer marketing agency
It may be better, therefore, for you to reach out to the celebrities in whom you are interested through influencer marketing agencies. The great thing about them is that they will handle negotiations for price and other considerations on your behalf. They are also able to identify the most appropriate influencers, along with alternatives, for your business.
Get in Tough
At Boost Social, we are one of Australia’s premiere influencer marketing agencies. If you would like to take your brand to the next level, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We will help you reach out to the most appropriate influencers for your business. So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch today and we will find just that right kind of influencer to help your business reach new heights through social media influencer marketing.